The first step in the admissions process for the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) program is to ensure you’re on track to complete requirements in time to apply for your preferred term of entry.
To apply to the MSBS program at WesternU, you should have completed or obtained the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or related scientific area
- BS must be obtained from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent abroad
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis
- Recommended Minimum Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- New revised GRE: A recommended total minimum score of 300 (verbal and quantitative)
- GRE old score: A recommended score of greater than or equal to 1000 combined verbal and quantitative
- No one score may be less than 400
- You must have taken the GRE within the last 5 years
- Official test scores for the general aptitude portion of the GRE (verbal, quantitative and analytical) must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service to WesternU’s Admissions Office
- WesternU’s school code is 4152
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – If Required
- TOEFL is required for all international applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools.
- Minimum recommended score:
- 92 (23 Speaking, 23 Writing, 23 Reading and 23 Listening) on the Internet Based TOEFL is required
- Official TOEFL scores must be submitted at the time of application
- TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years
- Letters of Recommendation
- Three letters of recommendation are required from individuals (not related to you) who are familiar with your scholarship and research potential
- Each letter of recommendation must be submitted in a sealed envelope that is signed over the seal by the recommender
- Letters of recommendation should be submitted as part of your application packet
- Personal Statement
- Prepare a one page maximum statement telling the admissions committee about your future career plans and your interest in applying to WesternU’s MSBS program
- A copy of your resume must be submitted as part of your application packet
- Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not a U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of interview
- Proof of legal U.S. residency is required prior to any offer of acceptance
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.
We are happy to answer your questions as you navigate through the process,
so please contact us if we can help.