Competitive Candidate Profile
Although there is no formula to ensure admittance to the Doctor of Dental Medicine program, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to the admissions committee whichever of the following key attributes you possess.
We desire that each Dental Medicine student:
- Is academically prepared to succeed in our rigorous professional program.
- Display integrity, compassion and respect.
- Is flexible and adaptable to change.
- Is well-rounded with diverse educational and life experiences.
- Has demonstrated an interest and involvement in the community.
- Has knowledge of and has experienced opportunities in an oral health care setting.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a good understanding of both the dental profession and Western University.
- Participate in community-based education and service learning projects.
- Embrace life-long learning.
The following statistics for this year’s entering class (seated Fall 2012) will give you a sense of where you might fall within the applicant pool.
|Number of AADSAS Applications Received||2,679|
|Number of Interviews Granted||513|
|Number of Students Enrolled||69|
|Number of Males Enrolled||36|
|Number of Females Enrolled||33|
|Number of California Residents||43|
|Average Overall GPA||3.32|
|Average Science GPA||3.24|
|Average AA DAT||19|
|Average PA DAT||20|
|Average TS DAT||20|
For additional statistics, please visit the
Office of Institutional Research’s Academic Outcomes webpage