85% of the 2012 MSMS graduates who applied to a health professions school were accepted to their desired field of study! The Overall Program Placement Rate is 92%
Are you ultimately interested in becoming a health professional in fields such as medicine, dentistry, optometry or podiatric medicine?
Our 12-month Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) program will provide you with the critical evaluation skills and research awareness necessary for you to become a well-informed, evidence-based professional; something that is impossible to achieve exclusively within the time constraints of most professional degree programs.
The mission of the Master of Science in Medical Science (MSMS) Program at WesternU is to prepare students for health-related professional school by educating them in the knowledge, critical evaluation skills and research awareness that will allow them to become well-informed, evidence-based professionals.
The MSMS program is designed to assist individuals from diverse backgrounds in gaining acceptance to professional schools with the ultimate goal of increasing the number of health-professionals in underserved areas.
Why choose WesternU? Our nationally recognized University offers:
- Strong relationships/partnerships with select professional programs
- Experienced advising for professional school applications
- Clinical shadowing opportunities
- A great Southern California location with access to major cultural and recreational resources
- A warm and friendly environment
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed college faculty
- Small class size
- Student-centered learning
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
There are many ways for you to visit campus to learn more about our programs and we encourage you to attend a WesternU Preview Day. We also invite you to sign up for our electronic mailing list and "like" us on Facebook.
For program statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research Academic Outcomes webpage.