Designed for the bachelor's-prepared RN, our Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN) program allows you to earn your MSN while continuing to work in your home community. Full-time students complete the program in two years. Part-time options are also available.
An advanced degree opens many rewarding career options for RNs. We offer three tracks:
Health Systems Leadership-Administrative Nurse Leader
This program prepares you with the latest knowledge and applied skills to be an effective administrative leader advancing better care, better health, and lower costs. Today’s health care systems require nurse leaders who can integrate experience, knowledge, research and technology to effectively lead at the unit, clinic or departmental level.
Health Systems Leadership-Clinical Nurse Leader
This program prepares you as an advanced generalist at the point of care. The CNL is prepared to lead patient safety and quality improvement, evidence-based practice, risk reduction, and care coordination. The CNL works with interprofessional teams caring for a variety of patient populations in all practice settings.
Ambulatory Care Nursing
This program prepares you in obtaining advanced clinical and leadership skills in primary ambulatory care or out-patient health care settings. The Ambulatory Care Nurse (ACN) coordinates care for a distinctive group of patients as well as actively engaging indirect patient care including telephonic triage. The ACN evaluates patient outcomes, assesses risk, and provides patient and staff education.
To provide flexibility and eliminate the need to commute daily to campus, we use:
- A web-based curriculum and self-directed learning
- Weekend seminars at the Pomona, CA campus twice per semester
- Clinical training in your own community under the supervision of an approved preceptor
Are you ready for distance learning? Take the College of Graduate Nursing's Distance Education Self-Assessment
Why Choose WesternU? We offer:
- A rigorous program of study that produces graduates who are in demand and highly respected by their employers
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
- Top faculty experienced at facilitating distance learning
Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first;
treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for distance learners
View the College of Graduate Nursing website to learn more about the profession.