Step 1: Authorization for Out-of-State Students
State and federal laws require that colleges and universities obtain authorization to offer online degree programs in any state where their students reside. If you are an applicant from outside California, please click here to confirm we have authorization in your state.
Step 2: Prerequisites and Application Requirements
Step 3: Preparing and Submitting your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
All application materials must be submitted by the application deadline of April 2nd:
- Official transcript reflecting graduate degree in nursing (MSN or DNP) from a National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program.
- All official transcripts from other schools attended are due upon acceptance.
- All coursework taken from non-U.S. institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation.
- Verification of Registered Nurse (RN) licensure (license must be active and unencumbered in the state where practice hours will be completed).
- Verification of an active family nurse practitioner national certification by the ANCC or AANP.
- Completed application (this includes the scholarly essay which should reflect how obtaining the ENP certificate will contribute to your professional development through advancing practice).
- Two reference forms (faculty and employers within past two years).
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Application Fee
- Phone interview (for selected applicants)