Step 1: Authorization for Out-of-State Students
State and federal laws require that colleges and universities obtain authorization to offer online degree programs in any state where their students reside. If you are an applicant from outside California, please click here to confirm we have authorization in your state.
International Students: We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.
Step 2: Application Requirements
The next step in the admissions process is to ensure you’re on track to complete the requirements below in time to apply for your preferred year of entry.
A Bachelor degree in Nursing or related field from a nationally accredited program (e.g. NLN or CCNE)
- Bachelor's degrees in related fields will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- A Master of Science in Nursing or Masters/Doctorate degree in a related nursing field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for Overall and last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
Completion of a statistics course (min. three (3) semester units) with a grade of "C" or higher
from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state where your preceptored clinical hours will be completed
- One-year (2080 hours) of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Access to a computer meeting minimum technical standards
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of interview.
- All coursework taken from non-US institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – If Required
- The TOEFL is required for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools
- TOEFL scores are valid for two years
- Internet-Based test (IBT) minimum score: 80
- Computer Based test minimum score: 213
- The TOEFL exam will be waived for permanent and temporary residents of the United States who have completed six semester units of the communication requirement from a regionally accredited U.S. institution
- You have a confirmed bachelor's degree at the time of application from a regionally accredited U.S. institution
Step 3: Preparing and Submitting your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.