Designed for nurses with master's degrees in nursing, our Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certificate program allows you to become a family nurse practitioner while continuing to work and maintain family commitments in your own community. As a full-time student, you can complete the program in one year. We also offer part-time tracks.
As an FNP, you will focus on wellness promotion and illness prevention from a holistic, family and community health perspective.FNPs are in high demand because of their skills in providing cost-effective, superior primary-care services.
To meet the needs of working professionals and to eliminate the need to commute daily to campus, we use:
- A web-based curriculum and self-directed learning
- Weekend seminars at the Pomona, CA, campus twice per semester
- Clinical training in your own community under the supervision of an approved preceptor
Are you ready for distance learning? Take the College of Graduate Nursing's Distance Education Self-Assessment
Why Choose WesternU? We offer:
- A rigorous program of study that produces graduates who are in demand and highly respected by their employers
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Top faculty experienced at facilitating distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for distance learners
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
The FNP Gainful Employment Disclosure is available for your review.