The College of Graduate Nursing at WesternU pioneered the delivery of a web-based family nurse practitioner program – the very first of its kind at the time of its inception in 1997. Designed for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing, our hybrid Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certificate program integrates online learning with intensive face-to-face seminar weekends and clinical experiences in the students’ own community. Students can obtain their FNP certification in one year (full-time) or two years (extended track).
Why Choose WesternU? We offer:
- A rigorous program of study that produces graduates who are in demand and highly respected by their employers
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Top faculty experienced at facilitating distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for distance learners
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
The FNP Gainful Employment Disclosure is available for your review.
Learn More and Stay Connected
We encourage you to visit our campus by attending an upcoming WesternU Preview Day to learn more about our program offerings and meet faculty and current students. For more information and to receive email reminders regarding application deadlines etc, please complete the information request form.
View the College of Graduate Nursing website to learn more about the profession, the college, and the curriculum. Also, stay connected and “Like” our College Facebook page and Admission Facebook page.