Our MSN-Entry program offers a path for graduates from non-nursing fields to obtain a MSN and RN license in 2 years. The curriculum is delivered in 6 semesters with a full time unit load, all campus-based. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the NCLEX licensing examination and receive a MSN degree. The MSN-Entry program adheres to the nursing education standards from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Master’s Essentials and Quality and Safety in Nursing Education (QSEN). Graduates of the program are prepared to lead patient quality and safety initiatives, apply evidence based practice with interprofessional teams, and lead systems of care delivery.
Post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner Option
WesternU College of Graduate Nursing graduates will be given first consideration when applying to the FNP program. Applicants will be required to have completed one year, full-time RN work experience. For more information regarding program requirements, please visit the Post-Masters FNP Requirements web page.
Why choose WesternU? We have a nationally recognized program and offer:
- A rigorous program of study proven to produce graduates who are in demand and highly respected in all service settings
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Integrated clinical training that includes a high-tech simulation lab in the pre-licensure phase of the curriculum to help you develop clinical and communication skills
- Experienced and clinically current faculty
- A long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- A diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities
A Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to
major cultural and recreational resources
- A chance to join WesternU's well-respected nursing alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University
Learn More and Stay Connected
We encourage you to visit our campus by attending an upcoming WesternU Preview Day to learn more about our program offerings and meet faculty and current students. For more information and to receive email reminders regarding application deadlines etc, please complete the information request form.
View the College of Graduate Nursing website to learn more about the profession, the college, and the curriculum. Also, stay connected and “Like” our College Facebook page and Admission Facebook page.