The first two steps in the admission process for the Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN/FNP) program are to ensure you meet admission requirements and to prepare and submit your application and references.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited program (e.g. NLN or CCNE)
- Bachelor's degrees in related fields will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in your last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units
- Coursework in statistics
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state where your preceptored clinical hours will be completed
- One-year experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Access to a computer meeting minimum technical standards
- All coursework taken from non-US institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
- International applicants or any other applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who are living in the U.S. should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the application checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.
We are happy to answer your questions as you navigate through the application process,
so please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help.