If you want to advance your nursing career with a graduate degree, but can't take time off work to return to full-time school, WesternU can meet your educational needs.
Our College of Graduate Nursing pioneered web-based learning for health professionals. Our Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP) certificate program was the first of its kind in the country. We integrate web-based learning with intensive seminar weekends at our Pomona Campus and clinical experiences in your own community, allowing you to obtain both your MSN and your FNP in two years (full-time) or three years (part-time).
Are you ready for distance learning? Take the Colllege of Graduate Nursing's Distance Education Self-Assessment
Why choose WesternU? We have a nationally recognized program that offers:
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A rigorous program of study producing graduates who are in demand and highly respected in their service settings
- A high first-time pass rate for the FNP certificate
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Experienced faculty who know how to facilitate distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first, treating students as colleagues, and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for your distance education
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
Learn More and Stay Connected
We encourage you to visit our campus by attending an upcoming WesternU Preview Day to learn more about our program offerings and meet faculty and current students. For more information and to receive email reminders regarding application deadlines etc, please complete the information request form.
View the College of Graduate Nursing website to learn more about the profession, the college, and the curriculum. Also, stay connected and “Like” our College Facebook page and Admission Facebook page.