The College of Graduate Nursing at WesternU pioneered the delivery of a web-based family nurse practitioner program – the very first of its kind at the time of its inception in 1997. Our hybrid Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP) program integrates online learning with intensive face-to-face seminar weekends and clinical experiences in the students’ own community. Students can obtain their MSN degree and FNP certification in two years (full-time) or three years (extended track).
Why choose WesternU? We have a nationally recognized program that offers:
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A rigorous program of study producing graduates who are in demand and highly respected in their service settings
- A high first-time pass rate for the FNP certificate
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Experienced faculty who know how to facilitate distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first, treating students as colleagues, and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for your distance education
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
Learn More and Stay Connected
We encourage you to visit our campus by attending an upcoming WesternU Preview Day to learn more about our program offerings and meet faculty and current students. For more information and to receive email reminders regarding application deadlines etc, please complete the information request form.
View the College of Graduate Nursing website to learn more about the profession, the college, and the curriculum. Also, stay connected and “Like” our College Facebook page and Admission Facebook page.