Transferring into WesternU's College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
You may apply for transfer into the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, if you:
- Have completed two years at a Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) accredited medical institution in the United States
- Your medical school curriculum is compatible with that of the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
- Are in good academic standing at the school where you are currently enrolled
- Are eligible for continuation at the school where you are currently enrolled
- Meet the admission requirements
- Pass COMLEX; USA Level I with a minimum score of 400 prior to official transfer into COMP.
If you are accepted as a transfer student you must:
- Complete the last 50% of instruction at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
- Complete all osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM) requirements prior to graduation
Transfer applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Factors considered include accreditation standards for class size and availability of clinical training sites. Transfer applicants cannot be on leave of absence at the time of application.
Transfers Between COMP Campuses
Transfer between campuses will be considered on a case by-case-basis. Factors considered include accreditation standards for class size and availability of clinical training sites. Candidates must first contact their Office of Student Affairs prior to beginning the transfer process.
Before you begin the application process, contact the transfer admissions counselor for details regarding your transfer eligibility. You will be contacted to schedule an on-campus interview when your application is complete and we are in receipt of all required documents. We are happy to answer your questions as you navigate through the application process, so please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help.