The first step in the admissions process for the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) program is to ensure you are on track to complete the requirements in time to apply for your preferred year of entry.
A Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or related scientific area
- BS must be obtained from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent abroad
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis
- All coursework taken from non-US institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
General Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- New revised GRE: A recommended total minimum score of 300 (verbal and quantitative)
- GRE old score: A recommended total score of greater than or equal to 1000 (combined verbal and quantitative)
- GRE must be taken within the last five (5) years
- WesternU's school code is 4152
- Official test scores for the general aptitude portion (verbal, quantitative and analytical) of the GRE must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service to WesternU's Enrollment Data Services Office
Proof of legal US residency – If Required
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of interview
- Proof of legal U.S. residency is required prior to any offer of acceptance
Test of English as a Foreign Language - If Required
Required for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools. TOEFL scores are valid for two years. Official scores must be submitted at the time of application.
Minimum Recommended Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score:
- Internet Based Test: 89 (23 speaking, 22 writing, 22 reading and 22 listening)
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application, and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.