Our graduates are sought after by the pharmaceutical industry in both small and large biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Recent advances in pharmaceutical science make pharmaceutical research a rewarding career for people interested in improving lives through the discovery, development, and manufacture of new pharmaceutical products.
Emphasizing interdisciplinary study, WesternU's two-year Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) program will expose you to cutting-edge areas of pharmaceutical research and study, including neuro-pharmacology, physiology, pharmaceutics and drug delivery, pharmacokinetics, genetics, environmental toxicology and molecular immunology.
We will provide you with a strong research focus and the training and skills you need for a career in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, or public/private research institutions. Some of our alumni have joined internationally recognized biomedical research institutes such as the City of Hope where they are contributing to revolutionary translational research programs. Others have gone on to enter PhD and medical professional programs throughout the United States.
Why choose WesternU? Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers:
- Tuition waivers in the form of teaching and research assistantships (awarded on a competitive basis)
- Federally funded research programs
- Outstanding job placements
- Well-equipped labs
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- Warm and friendly environment
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed college faculty
- Full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Small classes of 11 or fewer students
- Student-centered learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
For more information we invite you to visit campus, sign up for our electronic mailing list and "like" us on Facebook. For program statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research's Academic Outcomes webpage.