The first step in the admissions process is to ensure you are on track to complete the requirements in time to apply for your preferred year of entry.
A Bachelor of Science (BS) in Pharmacy or equivalent
Submit Foreign Coursework to an Approved Evaluation Service – If Applicable
- All coursework taken from non-U.S. institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Passing the College of Pharmacy's Internal Assessment (IA) Exam
- The Internal Assessment Exam (IA) is an oral and written exam administered to interviewees on interview day
- For more information on the IA exam, please review the IA FAQs
Proof of legal United States residency – If Required
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of interview
- Proof of legal U.S. residency is required prior to any offer of acceptance
Test of English language proficiency – If Required
Required for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools.TOEFL scores are valid for two years and must be submitted by June 1, prior to matriculation.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score
- Internet-Based test (IBT) minimum score: 79
- Computer Based test minimum score: 213
The test of English language proficiency will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Are a U.S. Citizen
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in the U.S. or a country whose native language is English (e.g. Canada, Australia, Great Britain)
International Students: We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.
Preparing and Submitting your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application, and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.