The PharmD Class of 2015 graduates had a first-time pass rate of 97% on the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX)! The national pass rate is 94%. Congrats Class of 2015!
WesternU's PharmD professional program is a four-year fully accredited program leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree.
What sets us apart:
An innovative block-system curriculum we pioneered that allows you to master one subject before moving on to the next. The curriculum is taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty with advanced training in a wide range of specialties. Outstanding clinical opportunities in the second half of your training prepare you to be practice-ready.
Why choose WesternU? Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers you:
- Outstanding board exam first-time passing rate and reputation for producing well-trained graduates who receive multiple high-paying job offers.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning.
- Early and extensive clinical training that develops professional and communication skills on campus and at a wide range of clinical sites.
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources, state-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities.
- Student participation in federally funded research programs.
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- A chance to join WesternU's well-respected PharmD alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University.
There are many ways for you to visit campus to learn more about our programs and we encourage you to attend a WesternU Preview Day. We also invite you to sign up for our electronic mailing list and "like" us on Facebook.