To be considered for admission, you should have met the following requirements.
Bachelors or Masters degree
- Earned a Bachelors or Masters degree from an institution accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- All coursework taken from non-U.S. institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Physical Therapy License
- You need to be licensed to practice physical therapy in the United States
- Foreign-trained physical therapists must be licensed to practice physical therapy in California
Minimum One Year (2,000) Clinical Experience
Access to a Computer Meeting Minimum Technical Standards
For more information please review the technical standards PDF
Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of admittance.
- Proof of legal U.S. residency is required prior to any offer of acceptance.
We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
You have two opportunities to enter the DPT Post–Professional program; one in the fall, and one in the spring. You may apply at any time and will then register and begin class at the start of the next available entry term. We are happy to answer your questions as you navigate through the process, so please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help.
Not sure if you want to apply yet?
Take a class before formally applying to the program to get a feel for what to expect. Should you enter the program at a later stage, that course can count toward your doctoral credit hours. Read FAQs or contact Carrie Rogers for more information.
Ready to apply?
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions guiding you through the application process.