Now that you've decided to embark on a career in physical therapy, the next question is where to obtain your degree? Consider Western University of Health Sciences. We offer a fully-accredited Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program that prepares you to work as an independent practitioner and as a member of an interprofessional healthcare team.
At WesternU you will study basic sciences, complete specialized courses, and engage in the clinical experiences you need to pass your licensure exam and become practice-ready. When you graduate you will be prepared to take on the increasing role that physical therapists currently play in the healthcare system.
Why choose WesternU? We have a well-regarded program and offer:
- Experienced faculty, many with 15 to 20+ years teaching experience
- Most faculty who hold doctoral-level degrees and/or who are APTA board-certified clinical specialists
- Small class/lab size with high faculty-to-student ratios
- Good integration of clinical experiences every two to three semesters within the didactic curriculum to allow for immediate application of knowledge and skills
- A great Southern California location with tremendous clinical education opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- Opportunity for advanced knowledge of clinical electives with core faculty, many of whom hold leadership positions at local and state levels
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first, treating students as colleagues, and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Lab assistants who are either DPT faculty or working clinicians with expertise in lab course content.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities including community service.
- A small, private, health-focused graduate institution that fosters interprofessional learning with other health professions.
- A record of DPT graduates who are in high demand and who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University
Professional DPT Student Outcomes
|DPT Class||Program Graduation Rate||PT Licensure Exam Pass Rate||Employment Rate*|
|*within 6 months of passing licensure exam|
The Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program in the Department of Physical Therapy Education at Western University of Health Sciences, College of Allied Health Professions, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
There are many ways for you to visit campus and learn more about our programs and we encourage you to attend a WesternU Preview Day. We also invite you to sign up for our electronic mailing list and like us on Facebook.