We are a "college without walls" with many clinical partners in the community and around the world. As a student you will experience extensive interaction with animals beginning your first semester, working alongside faculty and veterinarians in the local area and beyond. After completing our four-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, you will be well prepared to enter a rewarding career caring for animals as a veterinarian.
“PBL mimics real life as a veterinarian to a tee, and prepares you for the everyday problem solving you will need to handle your patient’s cases – from the very first day of practice.”
-Paula Cappuro, DVM Class of 2008
Why choose WesternU? We have a nationally recognized program and offer:
- An American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program.
- Problem-based learning (PBL) where you will investigate veterinary cases in small groups.
- An opportunity to learn how to heal animals without harming them for educational purposes. This is our guiding reverence for life philosophy.
- A curriculum that prepares you to work with a wide variety of animals, including small companion animals, horses, food animals, exotics and wildlife.
- Extensive clinical experience where you have the opportunity to experience large caseloads.
- Numerous partnerships with other universities including Cal Poly Pomona and UCLA, area animal clinics, emergency facilities, specialty practices and humane societies.
- Numerous corporate partners such as Banfield, The Pet Hospital, and the Los Angeles Zoo.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning with other health professions.
- Rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- Multi-national faculty with diverse expertise.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- A great Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.
There are many ways for you to visit campus to learn more about our programs and we encourage you to attend a WesternU Preview Day. We also invite you to sign up for our electronic mailing list and "like" us on Facebook.