Many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and requirements due to circumstances from the COVID-19 pandemic response at WesternU. Any references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions must be read in light of social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). WesternU has implemented remote teaching and learning across all campuses and only essential personnel are on campus at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
Are you ultimately interested in becoming a health professional in fields such as medicine, dentistry, optometry or podiatric medicine?
Our 12-month Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) program will provide you with the critical evaluation skills and research awareness necessary for you to become a well-informed, evidence-based professional; something that is impossible to achieve exclusively within the time constraints of most professional degree programs.
The mission of the Master of Sciences in Medical Science (MSMS) Program at WesternU is to prepare students for health-related professional school by educating them in the knowledge, critical evaluation skills and research awareness that will allow them to become well-informed, evidence-based professionals.
The MSMS program is designed to assist individuals from diverse backgrounds in gaining acceptance to professional schools with the ultimate goal of increasing the number of health-professionals in underserved areas.
Our nationally recognized University offers:
- Strong relationships/partnerships with select professional programs
- Experienced advising for professional school applications
- Clinical shadowing opportunities
- A great Southern California location with access to major cultural and recreational resources
- A warm and friendly environment
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed college faculty
- Small class size
- Student-centered learning
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.
For program statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research Academic Outcomes webpage.