Although there is no formula to ensure admittance to the Master of Science in Medical Sciences program, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to the admissions committee whichever of the following key attributes you possess.
We desire that each MSMS student:
- Is academically prepared to succeed in our rigorous professional programs and has a strong background in the sciences
- Is well rounded with diverse educational and life experience backgrounds
- Has shown interest and involvement in the community
- Has knowledge of and/or experience in the field in which he/she hopes to practice
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has a good understanding of both the profession and WesternU
- Strong record of service to those from economically, educationally, and/or medically underserved backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to integrate and disseminate information
- Can demonstrate caring and empathy towards other people and experimental animals.
The following statistics for the class seated 2017 will give you a sense of where you might fall within the applicant pool. For additional statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research’s Academic Outcomes webpage.
|Number of Applications Received||254|
|Number of Interviews Granted||43|
|Number of Enrolled Students||28|
|Average Overall GPA||3.17|
|Average Matriculant MCAT||499|