WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine is committed to establishing a quality, innovative program that prepares you for success, whether in private practice, community service, research or academics. Our four-year program will allow you to learn with an integrated team of health professionals in a part of the country with a wealth of clinical opportunities. Consistent with the WesternU philosophy, the faculty of the College of Dental Medicine will actively partner with you to help you become a humane, sensitive, and technically competent healthcare professional.
As a student in our program, you can take advantage of a quality, innovative curriculum based on the “best practices” in health-care education today. You will use new facilities with advanced educational and clinical technology within an established health sciences university dedicated to providing student-centered, interprofessional health education. Dental students of the College of Dental Medicine will embark on a journey with the enthusiastic support of administration, faculty and staff.
- A great Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters faculty/student interaction and interprofessional learning
- An innovative curriculum designed for the contemporary practice of dentistry
- A long humanistic tradition at WesternU of treating patients as people first; treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Early clinical training opportunities that develop professional and communication skills
- Early service-learning opportunities in a variety of community-based locations emphasizing meeting community needs through assessment, education, and preventive programs
- Consistently high graduation, retention and first-time board pass rates help ensure your success!
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities
Dental education programs in the United States are accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Dental education programs are developed in accordance with the established Accreditation Standards for Dental Education, a copy of which can be found on the Commission on Dental Accreditation’s area of www.ada.org at Accreditation Standards for Dental Education Programs.
The College of Dental Medicine’s pre-doctoral education program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678.
Further information about the dental accreditation process and the Commission on Dental Accreditation can be found at Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) www.ada.org/100.aspx
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.