Please note that many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and admissions requirements due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic response. Additionally, references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions should be read in light of current campus health and safety guidelines, which continue to evolve in response to changing conditions. More information can be found on WesternU’s COVID-19 Information page. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
As health care changes, Physician Assistants are increasingly valued as vital members of the health care team. WesternU’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPA) graduates are in high demand and enjoy careers that are rewarding both personally and professionally.
WesternU’s two-year (six semester) MSPA program will prepare students to demonstrate:
- Competency in established and evolving core medial and clinical sciences knowledge with an application to patient care in diverse settings
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange with patients, families, health care providers, professional associates, and the health care system
- Care that is effective, patient-centered, compassionate, timely, efficient, and equitable for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of wellness
- A high level of responsibility, ethical practice, sensitivity to a diverse patient population, and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Critical analysis, evaluation, and improved patient care practices throughout their ongoing education and practice
- An awareness of and responsiveness to the larger system of health care to provide patient care that is of optimal value
We have a nationally recognized program and offer you:
- A record of consistently high first-time pass rates on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE)
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning
- Clinical experiences that develops professional and communication skills at a wide range of clinical sites
- Top faculty who interact with the students
- A well established program accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to
major cultural and recreational resources
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected Physician Assistant alumni, who are in high demand and who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University
“At WesternU I received a well-rounded education. Not only did I gain the medical knowledge necessary to fulfill my role as a Physician Assistant, but I learned to always listen and be compassionate.”
– MSPA Student
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.