Although there is no formula to ensure admittance to the Master of Science in Nursing-Entry (MSN-E) program, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to the admissions committee whichever of the following key attributes you possess.
We desire that each MSN-E student:
- Is academically prepared to succeed in our rigorous professional programs.
- Is well rounded with diverse educational and life experience backgrounds.
- Has shown interest and involvement in the community.
- Has knowledge of and/or experience in the field in which he/she hopes to practice.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Has a good understanding of both the profession and WesternU.
The following statistics for the class seated August 2018 will give you a sense of where you might fall within the applicant pool. For additional statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research’s Academic Outcomes web page.
|Number of MSN-E Applications Received||449|
|Number of Interviews Granted||203|
|Number of Enrolled Students||63|
|Average Overall GPA||3.40|