The College of Graduate Nursing at WesternU pioneered the delivery of a web-based family nurse practitioner program – the very first of its kind at the time of its inception in 1997. Our innovation continues with the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program. Designed for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing, our hybrid Post-Master’s Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certificate program integrates online learning with intensive face-to-face seminar weekends and clinical experiences in the students’ own community. Students can obtain a PMHNP certificate in as little as 4 semesters. An extended track is also available.
- A rigorous program of study that produces graduates who are in demand and highly respected by their employers
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Top faculty experienced at facilitating distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for distance learners
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.