We seek the leaders of tomorrow who will help to shape our program and who will contribute to the profession after graduation. Although there is no formula to ensure admittance to the College of Optometry, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to the admissions committee whichever of the following key attributes you possess.
Competitive Candidate Profile
We desire that each Doctor of Optometry student:
- Is academically prepared to succeed in our rigorous professional programs
- Is well rounded with diverse experiences
- Demonstrates a high level of self-awareness and maturity
- Has shown interest and involvement in the community
- Has knowledge of and/or has experienced opportunities in health care settings
- Has a good understanding of both the profession and WesternU
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to compassionate health care
Competitive Applicant Profile
For additional statistics on Western University of Health Sciences, please visit the Office of Institutional Research’s Academic Outcomes webpage.