Please note that many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and admissions requirements due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic response. Additionally, references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions should be read in light of current campus health and safety guidelines, which continue to evolve in response to changing conditions. More information can be found on WesternU’s COVID-19 Information page. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
If you have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in pharmacy and want to advance your career by earning a PharmD degree, then consider our PharmD International Pathway (PIP) Program, which was formerly known as our International Post-Baccalaureate Program (IPBP). Our PIP program is targeted to domestic and/or foreign-trained pharmacists with a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or equivalent), who wish to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree. By qualifying for this program, you advance directly into the second year of the PharmD curriculum, which enables you to complete your degree in three years.
An innovative block-system curriculum we pioneered that allows you to master one subject before moving on to the next. The curriculum is taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty with advanced training in a wide range of specialties. Outstanding clinical opportunities in the second half of your training prepare you to be practice-ready.
- Outstanding board exam first-time passing rate and reputation for producing well-trained graduates who receive multiple high-paying job offers.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning.
- Early and extensive clinical training that develops professional and communication skills on campus and at a wide range of clinical sites.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities.
- Southern California location with tremendous opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.
- Student participation in federally funded research programs.
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected PharmD alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University.
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.