If you have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in pharmacy and want to advance your career by earning a PharmD degree, then consider our International Post-Baccalaureate PharmD (IPBP) Program. Our IPBP program is targeted to domestic and/or foreign-trained pharmacists with a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or equivalent), who wish to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree.By qualifying for this program, you advance directly into the second year of the PharmD curriculum, which enables you to complete your degree in three years.
An innovative block-system curriculum we pioneered that allows you to master one subject before moving on to the next. The curriculum is taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty with advanced training in a wide range of specialties. Outstanding clinical opportunities in the second half of your training prepare you to be practice-ready.
- Outstanding board exam first-time passing rate and reputation for producing well-trained graduates who receive multiple high-paying job offers.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning.
- Early and extensive clinical training that develops professional and communication skills on campus and at a wide range of clinical sites.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities.
- Southern California location with tremendous opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.
- Student participation in federally funded research programs.
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected PharmD alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University.