Many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and requirements due to circumstances from the COVID-19 pandemic response at WesternU. Any references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions must be read in light of social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). WesternU has implemented remote teaching and learning across all campuses and only essential personnel are on campus at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
Recent advances in pharmaceutical science make pharmaceutical research a rewarding career for people interested in improving lives through the discovery, development, and manufacture of new pharmaceutical products.
Emphasizing interdisciplinary study, WesternU’s two-year Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) program will expose you to cutting-edge areas of pharmaceutical research and study, including neuro-pharmacology, physiology, pharmaceutics and drug delivery, pharmacokinetics, genetics, environmental toxicology and molecular immunology.
We will provide you with a strong research focus and the training and skills you need for a career in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, or public/private research institutions.
To learn more about the College of Pharmacy Faculty please visit their site here.
Some of our alumni have joined internationally recognized biomedical research institutes such as the City of Hope where they are contributing to revolutionary translational research programs. Others have gone on to enter PhD and medical professional programs throughout the United States.
Our graduates are sought after by the pharmaceutical industry in both small and large biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers:
- Tuition waivers and stipends in the form of teaching and research assistantships (awarded on a competitive basis)
- Federally funded research programs
- Outstanding job placements
- Well-equipped labs
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- Warm and friendly environment
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed college faculty
- Full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Small classes of 11 or fewer students
- Student-centered learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
- RXBOUND Magazine
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.