Many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and requirements due to circumstances from the COVID-19 pandemic response at WesternU. Any references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions must be read in light of social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). WesternU has implemented remote teaching and learning across all campuses and only essential personnel are on campus at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
The first step in the admissions process for the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) program is to ensure you are on track to complete the requirements in time to apply for your preferred year of entry.
A Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or related scientific area
- BS must be obtained from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent abroad
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis
- All coursework taken from non-US institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
General Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A recommended total minimum score of 300 (verbal and quantitative)
- GRE must be taken within the last five (5) years
- WesternU’s school code is 4152
- Official test scores for the general aptitude portion (verbal, quantitative and analytical) of the GRE must be submitted directly from the Educational Testing Service to WesternU’s Admissions Operations Office
Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Recommended minimum 497 Total Score
- MCAT must be taken within the last three (3) years
Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- Recommended minimum score of 15 for Academic Average
- DAT must be taken within the last three (3) years
- WesternU’s school code is 15
- Official DAT scores must be submitted directly from the American Dental Association (ADA)
Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- International applicants, or any other applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who are living in the U.S., must provide proof of legal U.S. residency prior to matriculation.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – If Required
TOEFL or IELTS is required for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools.
TOEFL minimum recommended score:
- An 89 (23 speaking, 22 writing, 22 reading and 22 listening) on the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) is required
- Official scores must be submitted at the time of application
- TOEFL scores are valid for two years
IELTS minimum recommended score:
International Students: We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application, and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.