Many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and requirements due to circumstances from the COVID-19 pandemic response at WesternU. Any references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions must be read in light of social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). WesternU has implemented remote teaching and learning across all campuses and only essential personnel are on campus at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
WesternU’s PharmD professional program is a four-year fully accredited program leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree.
What sets us apart:
An innovative block-system curriculum we pioneered that allows you to master one subject before moving on to the next. The curriculum is taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty with advanced training in a wide range of specialties. Outstanding clinical opportunities in the second half of your training prepare you to be practice-ready.
Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers you:
- Outstanding board exam first-time passing rate and reputation for producing well-trained graduates who receive multiple high-paying job offers.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning.
- Early and extensive clinical training that develops professional and communication skills on campus and at a wide range of clinical sites.
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources,state-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities.
- Student participation in federally funded research programs.
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected PharmD alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University.
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.