We are a “college without walls” with many clinical partners in the community and around the world. As a student you will experience extensive interaction with animals beginning your first semester, working alongside faculty and veterinarians in the local area and beyond. After completing our four-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, you will be well prepared to enter a rewarding career caring for animals as a veterinarian.
We have a nationally recognized program and offer:
- An American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program.
- Problem-based learning (PBL) where you will investigate veterinary cases in small groups.
- An opportunity to learn how to heal animals without harming them for educational purposes. This is our guiding reverence for life philosophy.
- A curriculum that prepares you to work with a wide variety of animals, including small companion animals, horses, food animals, exotics and wildlife.
- Extensive clinical experience where you have the opportunity to experience large caseloads.
- Numerous partnerships with other universities including Cal Poly Pomona and UCLA, area animal clinics, emergency facilities, specialty practices and humane societies.
- Numerous corporate partners such as Banfield, The Pet Hospital, and the Los Angeles Zoo.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning with other health professions.
- Rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- Multi-national faculty with diverse expertise.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- A great Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.
Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.