We are a “college without walls” with many clinical partners in the community and around the world. As a student you will experience extensive interaction with animals beginning your first semester, working alongside faculty and veterinarians in the local area and beyond. After completing our four-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, you will be well prepared to enter a rewarding career caring for animals as a veterinarian.
Why choose WesternU?
We have a nationally recognized program and offer:
- An American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program.
- Problem-based learning (PBL) where you will investigate veterinary cases in small groups.
- An opportunity to learn how to heal animals without harming them for educational purposes. This is our guiding reverence for life philosophy.
- A curriculum that prepares you to work with a wide variety of animals, including small companion animals, horses, food animals, exotics and wildlife.
- Extensive clinical experience where you have the opportunity to experience large caseloads.
- Numerous partnerships with other universities including Cal Poly Pomona and UCLA, area animal clinics, emergency facilities, specialty practices and humane societies.
- Numerous corporate partners such as Banfield, The Pet Hospital, and the Los Angeles Zoo.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning with other health professions.
- Rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- Multi-national faculty with diverse expertise.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- A great Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.